Edd Heads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard Videogames

3 posters

Go down

Hard Videogames Empty Hard Videogames

Post by Miku Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:26 am

We have a topic of hard Videogame bosses...but what about the gut wrenching games that we played that just made us tear our our hair in frustration? This topic is about the hard games we played.

Rules: (all normal forum rules apply)

1. You have to have played the game,

2. You have to tell us what was hard about it.

3. And why was it hard for you?

I'll start.

Battletoads for The Famicom/NES,

As if battletoads wasn't hard enough: from snakes to rubber duckies and revolution. The hardest part for me was rat race, the part where you had to race the rat to the bomb and destroy it before the rat could touch it. It was the third race that got me the most, I couldn't beat the level until I found out you could kill the rat between races and end the stage right there. It was reflexes, when I was younger, I had troubles with reflexes, and the instant turns and memorization, it was horrible. I didn't ever use infinite lives in this game btw, 9 lives (3 lives 3 continues) so every time I lost rat race, I had to start ALL OVER. I didn't have the best way of memorization back then, so yea...
Miku
Miku
Edd Head
Edd Head

Back to top Go down

Hard Videogames Empty Re: Hard Videogames

Post by New999 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:38 am

Wizorb (PC)

Think Breakout/DX Ball. Now add moving enemies, gold, potions, magic, objects you can't break and a boss at the end of at least 15 levels. Maybe it's because i suck, but this game was very unfair and hard on some of the levels. You need to beat the boss, sure, but it seems you REALLY need to get ALOT of gold, and that's VERY annoying when your ball goes really fast that it's incredibly hard to even catch up to it before it goes below and you lose a heart. Lose enough hearts, you have to waste a continue. You get 3 continues. Lose all continues, you have to pay 250 gold, and by then you would have at least 1000 gold, meaning only 4 continues. But you need gold to advance in the game. So that means screw up too much and you won't have enough. Which is what happened when i almost beat the boss. I lost ALL the money and basically i had to go through all that all over again. Basically, it expects you to be VERY good at DX Ball/Breakout aswell as try to collect everything. The magic doesn't help you either. There's only 1 spell that is somewhat useful incase of emergencies. A spell that makes the ball go the opposite direction (From left to right). It's useful but sometimes can screw you over aswell. There are shops hidden, but they are pricey and again, you need the gold. There are hidden rooms, but you'll waste through what you got in about 2 levels at best.

All and all, it's annoying, tedious, expects alot out of you, can also be very cheap with the enemies walking around and isn't fun at all, instead just insanely frustrating.

And by the way, that's just the first level. 15 Rounds of unfair, cheap Breakout levels and a boss. I got so pissed off at this game for actually expecting ALOT out of me.
New999
New999
Edd Head
Edd Head

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheStickKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukine Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Fire Emblem (Any Fire Emblem game really, but the most difficult for me has been Path of Radiance for Game Cube).

I have the goal of never letting a single character die. Because if they die then they're gone for good. And most characters have SHITTY defense and get killed in one or two turns, particularly mages and healers.
Needless to say I have nearly broken my reset button.
Yukine
Yukine
Doppelganger
Doppelganger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum